[hobbit] Hobbit client columns not showing up on hobbit server machine

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Mar 20 17:30:31 CET 2008

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 10:09:12AM -0500, Rafal Roginela wrote:

> Great software!!! It has launched me into the world of Linux at the
> office instead of just for play and fun. But I have an issue with the
> server not showing it's health statuses. It does not report things like
> disk and memory info, it does provide things like: bbd, bbgen, bbtest,
> conn, graphs, hobbitd, http, info.  Sorry for a question that is truly a
> newb but I ran out of ways to search for the answer and couldn't find
> anything that helped.

It's probably picking up the wrong name for itself. If you go to the
"Reports->Ghost clients" menu, do you see the Hobbit server in there ?
Perhaps as "localhost" ? If you do, then you can either put
"CLIENT:hostname" on the Hobbit server entry in the bb-hosts file, or
you can add a line with
   MACHINE="hobbit.server.hostname"
to ~hobbit/client/etc/hobbitclient.cfg

Regards