Bug (regression) with Disabled Status Alerts

Sebastian spa at syntec.co.uk
Wed Mar 19 18:17:31 CET 2008

Hi,

Any progress on this one (see below)?  Currently NOTICEs seem to be sent out
when an alert is enabled but not when it is disabled (where it is a
'recovered' instead).  This appears to be a regression since this message:
http://www.hswn.dk/hobbiton/2005/11/msg00117.html shows that DISABLED
NOTICEs did use to be sent a few years back.  I am using Hobbit 4.2.0 with
no patches.

Example e-mail when I disable a test:

Hobbit SebTest:conn recovered

Body:
red  Tue Mar 18 18:54:07 2008 conn NOT ok

Service conn on SebTest is not OK : Host does not respond to ping

System unreachable for 51 poll periods (15086 seconds)

I also tried upgrading to yesterday's snapshot, but that didn't help.
Actually it was far worse, because after disabling a test, I got the e-mail
as above, the test was shown as disabled on bb.html, and then hobbitd core
dumped, and when it was restarted by hobbitlaunch, the test was no longer
disabled and I got another alert.  Looking at the core dumps now, it looks
like it is core dumping approximately every 5 minutes, so I'll send another
e-mail about that, plus another possibly related issue I found with the
snapshot.

In addition, one of the alerts I got on this particular test said:
System unreachable for 5985 poll periods (1813435 seconds)
And this was just after it went red.  Maybe it was so soon afterwards that
something went wrong in the calculations?  It should have been 1 poll
period.

Kind regards,

Sebastian