Problem with Links after doing a find host and on info column

Joshua Krause forums at triadbiz.rr.com
Fri Mar 7 19:21:34 CET 2008

I need to get some help with a very confusing issue.  I have hobbit setup
with around 1200 hosts and I have split my bb-hosts file off into multiple
site hosts for easier management.  But I am having a problem with one site.
Some of the links that show up when I do a find hosts show up under another
hub site.  I tried stopping hobbit and went in and removed all data from all
hosts and also removed the respective directories in the www directory and
still have the same issue.  Here is what my bb-hosts file looks like.

x.x.x.x   gsonc-spg-ops-1      # bbd http://ops1/ trap
TRENDS:*,vmstat:vmstat1|vmstat5,la:la1

x.x.x.x   gsonc-spg-ops-2      # badconn:1:1:5

x.x.x.x   gsonc-spg-ops-3      # badconn:1:1:5

include /opt/hobbit/server/etc/configs/archdale

include /opt/hobbit/server/etc/configs/high_point

include /opt/hobbit/server/etc/configs/mt_airy

include /opt/hobbit/server/etc/configs/spring_garden

include /opt/hobbit/server/etc/configs/asheboro

include /opt/hobbit/server/etc/configs/it_dept

include /opt/hobbit/server/etc/configs/north_150

include /opt/hobbit/server/etc/configs/spring_garden_dhub

include /opt/hobbit/server/etc/configs/bellemont

include /opt/hobbit/server/etc/configs/kernersville

include /opt/hobbit/server/etc/configs/north_davidson

include /opt/hobbit/server/etc/configs/stokes

include /opt/hobbit/server/etc/configs/bermuda_run

include /opt/hobbit/server/etc/configs/king

include /opt/hobbit/server/etc/configs/rural_hall

include /opt/hobbit/server/etc/configs/thomalex

include /opt/hobbit/server/etc/configs/dobson

include /opt/hobbit/server/etc/configs/lee_st

include /opt/hobbit/server/etc/configs/sapp_rd

include /opt/hobbit/server/etc/configs/wentworth

include /opt/hobbit/server/etc/configs/east_29

include /opt/hobbit/server/etc/configs/maple_rd

include /opt/hobbit/server/etc/configs/south_county

include /opt/hobbit/server/etc/configs/westridge

include /opt/hobbit/server/etc/configs/elkin

include /opt/hobbit/server/etc/configs/mocksville

include /opt/hobbit/server/etc/configs/south_davidson

include /opt/hobbit/server/etc/configs/winston-salem

include /opt/hobbit/server/etc/configs/glencoe

include /opt/hobbit/server/etc/configs/Yadkinville

Here is an example of a find host for hosts in "spring_garden" config file:

gsonc-spg-bsg-2 Spring
<http://ops1/monitor/spring_garden/comvod/servers/#gsonc-spg-bsg-2>
Garden/Commercial VOD/Server's

gsonc-spg-hps Spring
<http://ops1/monitor/spring_garden/comvod/servers/#gsonc-spg-hps>
Garden/Commercial VOD/Server's

gsonc-spg-hps-1 Spring
<http://ops1/monitor/spring_garden/comvod/servers/#gsonc-spg-hps-1>
Garden/Commercial VOD/Server's

gsonc-spg-hps-2 Spring
<http://ops1/monitor/spring_garden/comvod/servers/#gsonc-spg-hps-2>
Garden/Commercial VOD/Server's

gsonc-spg-e-cpl-1 Archdale/DWDM/East
<http://ops1/monitor/archdale/dwdm/east/#gsonc-spg-e-cpl-1>  Ring

gsonc-spg-e-cpl-2 Archdale/DWDM/East
<http://ops1/monitor/archdale/dwdm/east/#gsonc-spg-e-cpl-2>  Ring

gsonc-spg-e-5200-1 Archdale/DWDM/East
<http://ops1/monitor/archdale/dwdm/east/#gsonc-spg-e-5200-1>  Ring

As you can see that some of these hosts are showing up under there correct
config file for Spring Garden and others show up under Archdale.  So I
commented out the archdale config file and removed the directories for
Spring Garden and for Archdale and restarted hobbit.  And what happens is
some of the hosts for spring garden start showing up under the next config
in line which is High Point.

gsonc-spg-bsg-2 Spring
<http://ops1/monitor/spring_garden/comvod/servers/#gsonc-spg-bsg-2>
Garden/Commercial VOD/Server's

gsonc-spg-hps Spring
<http://ops1/monitor/spring_garden/comvod/servers/#gsonc-spg-hps>
Garden/Commercial VOD/Server's

gsonc-spg-hps-1 Spring
<http://ops1/monitor/spring_garden/comvod/servers/#gsonc-spg-hps-1>
Garden/Commercial VOD/Server's

gsonc-spg-hps-2 Spring
<http://ops1/monitor/spring_garden/comvod/servers/#gsonc-spg-hps-2>
Garden/Commercial VOD/Server's

gsonc-spg-e-cpl-1 High
<http://ops1/monitor/high_point/dwdm/east/#gsonc-spg-e-cpl-1>
Point/DWDM/East Ring

gsonc-spg-e-cpl-2 High
<http://ops1/monitor/high_point/dwdm/east/#gsonc-spg-e-cpl-2>
Point/DWDM/East Ring

gsonc-spg-e-5200-1 High
<http://ops1/monitor/high_point/dwdm/east/#gsonc-spg-e-5200-1>
Point/DWDM/East Ring

I have went over all the configs and spring garden isn't listed In any of
them so I am at a loss.  So Henrick can you think of what might be going on.

Thanks,

Josh