two independent hobbitserver and bbproxy

Martin Flemming martin.flemming at desy.de
Thu Mar 6 00:06:15 CET 2008

Hi !

I've got one main hobbit-server "A" and want/must
install/configure a  second main Hobbit-Server "B"
which is located in a dedicated subnet and is a separate Computer-Project

The Server "B" should be a main-server
because of my colleagues which are not very familiar with hobbit
and don't want to work with my prodution-server ...

Additional we want to make an separate backup of the data of Server "B"
so the data should be availabel on Server "B" and Server "A" ....

My question is how to configure  the Server "B" to collect and display the
data and additional send via proxy the data to Server "A" where i want to
display them also and if possible collects also the data ?

I've configured of many way's, but unfortunatley didn't find the right
one  ...

In the mail-archive i've found many useful hints for the problematic of
using of bbproxy ... but i think the ususal solution is not me the best
one ... because of collecting data on both server and their independences
..

http://www.hswn.dk/hobbiton/2007/11/msg00492.html
http://www.hswn.dk/hobbiton/2006/04/msg00083.html
http://www.hswn.dk/hobbiton/2006/06/msg00434.html
http://www.hswn.dk/hobbiton/2006/04/msg00083.html
http://www.hswn.dk/hobbiton/2006/08/msg00816.html

The normal bbproxy is running well ..

Is there a possible to use Server A as DISPLAY-Sever and collect the data
and simultaneously Server B is the Main Server for Display and collecting data

... or should i use a separate bbproxy-server in the dedicated Subnet
which sends all data to Server A ...

thanks & cheers

           martin
Martin Flemming
DESY / IT          office : Building 2b / 008a
Notkestr. 85       phone  : 040 - 8998 - 4667
22603 Hamburg      mail   : martin.flemming at desy.de