Sending Alerts

Joshua Johnson joshua at stenhouseconsulting.com
Thu Mar 6 05:34:30 CET 2008

I will have a script sending alerts to Hobbit based on email which is piped to the script. Thanks to those who helped get me this working!! My question is about how Hobbit handles alerts.  I understand that Hobbit goes blue if no report is received after X (default 30min?) amount of time and my alerts will likely only come through once a day or maybe longer. Can Hobbit be set to stay green until it received a yellow or red condition and then stay in that condition until it is acknowledged and/or until another green condition is received? If only one message/report is coming each day and hobbit goes blue after 30 minutes it will almost always be blue. How do I resolve this in Hobbit? If Hobbit can't do this then I have to keep the status of the alerts externally and have my script run every x min to send Hobbit green /yellow/red status. Someone else must have tackled this issue!?
End post.

Sorry folks I meant to say purple in this post not blue after 30 min.