Cleanup Script, and alert issue

Maschino, Shawn (SABIC Innovative Plastics) shawn.maschino at sabic-ip.com
Wed Mar 5 22:04:58 CET 2008

    Hi everyone.  I've read in prior posts about an admin clean-up
script that sounds like it will clean up Hobbit's data files for systems
that are no longer in the bb-hosts list.  I could use a copy of that,
and the URL in the mails and on the Shire point to
http://www.fh-augsburg.de/~henk/hobbit/
<http://www.fh-augsburg.de/~henk/hobbit/>  which I can't get in to.  Is
the script no longer available, or perhaps hidden in the 4.2.0 release
somewhere I haven't noticed it?

    If someone could pass on a copy it would be appreciated.  I'm hoping
the script is smart enough to deal with includes in the bb-hosts file,
as all my systems are defined in sub-files and just included in there.

    Secondly, and somewhat related, our install has been sending a mass
number of email alerts for systems and alerts no longer defined.  I hope
the clean-up script will address that, but just for future reference is
there any file or queue I can look into to see what is pending as
alerts?  I disabled the alerting via hobbitlaunch.cfg for now and won't
want to turn it back on until I know it is safe.  We flooded 1800+
alerts and can't have that happen again!

    Thanks,

Shawn