[hobbit] Service smtp on xxxxxx is not OK : Unexpected service response

Andreas Kunberger andreas.kunberger at itv-denkendorf.de
Fri Jun 27 08:13:31 CEST 2008

Am Donnerstag, 26. Juni 2008 18:03 schrieb Andrew Clarke:
> Well,
>
> I've (sort of) fixed it - just removed the send & expect lines ...
>
> [smtp]
>    options banner
>    port 25

I 've also had this problem.
In my case, it arises when the mailserver is to busy ( defeating spam ).
I allowed the mail server to start more processes and the problem was gone.

Try to telnet to port 25 of your mail server. If you wait (nearly) for every
to see the banner, this is the cause for yellow!

The other cause may be, that the server doesnt like to b hit by an HELO/QUIT
before he has sent his banner, as many spammers act like this,

mfg
Andreas Kunberger

--
Denkendorf