[hobbit] Service SMTP on xxxxxx is not OK : Unexpected servic e response

White, Bruce bewhite at fellowes.com
Thu Jun 26 00:06:29 CEST 2008

We had a similar problem with our exchange server until I changed the
bb-services file to be:

[smtp]
   send "helo\r\nquit\r\n"
   expect "220"
   options banner
   port 25

Now the exchange response to smtp is much more stable, but my linux sendmail
servers complain more often.   I guess I need to make a smtpex with the
above and restore the original smtp definition, which seemed to work better
with Linux.   Why can't MS just do things to standards?

       ......Bruce

   _____