[hobbit] Hobbit compatible temperature monitor

Tim McCloskey morphine at zwizard.com
Wed Jun 25 18:50:05 CEST 2008

If your platform supports it you can use ipmitool for various internals.
Actual server room temp would need some external device such as the ones
others have mentioned.

Example:
On a Sun X4150 box one of the sensors is Ambient Temp0.
temp="`/usr/sfw/bin/ipmitool sensor reading 'Ambient Temp0' | awk
'{print $NF}'`"

Other hardware has different sensor names, some just have (temp) sensors
for CPU die temps.

Regards,