[hobbit] hobbitd_channel: enadis

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Jun 25 13:58:47 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 04:16:42PM -0400, s_aiello at comcast.net wrote:
> I am trying to monitor and process communication on the enadis channel. I have
> been looking at messages comin in on this channel and see the following:
> @@enadis#6|1213126417.873757|127.0.0.1|HobbitServer|http|1213126657
> @@
>
> Which looking at the code I see the fields are:
> /* @@enadis|timestamp|sender|hostname|testname|expiretime */
>
> Questions:
> 1. 1st field: comes in as enadis#1, enadis#2, enadis#3, etc. that #number
> seems to get reset whenever the hobbit daemon is reset. Any extrnal purpose
> for this incrementing # ?

It's just a sequence number. Originally used to check for missing
messages by the hobbitd_enadis (and other worker tasks), but not
really useful.

> 2. The timestamp field has EPOC.Other#. What is the Other# after the period ?

microseconds.

> 3. expiretime, just looking for confirmation on possible values. EPOC for
> expiration time, Zero for enabling, and -1 means Until Ok ?

Right.

> 4. Where is the blurbage about the maint,"Disabled by:" & "Reason" ?

It isn't included in the "enadis" data. If memory serves me right, then
the enadis channel is currently used only by the BB-compatibility module
hobbitd_filestore, and the BB enable/disable marker files do not include
the text - that's probably the reason for this.

It could easily be changed to include that text as an extra field.