[hobbit] Testing Hobbit alerts

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Jun 24 23:38:54 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 04:22:05PM +0100, Ward, Martin wrote:
> Also, in my hobbitserver.cfg I have this:
> MAILC="/bin/mailx"
> MAIL="$MAILC -s"
>
> So the theory goes that when an alert occurs the /bin/mailx command is
> executed with various different parameters.
>
> The problem is, when I try and test it I get the following:
>
> hobbit at hbt0:/opt/hobbit/server/etc>hobbitd_alert --test tac0.lon.ws.colt.net proc

Always use the "bbcmd" utility to setup the environment for
your tests. That's the only way you can make sure hobbitd_alert
inherits the settings from your hobbitserver.cfg - if you don't
use bbcmd, then it will use the built-in (compile-time) defaults.

So your command should be
   bbcmd hobbitd_alert --test tac0.lon.ws.colt.net proc