[hobbit] Receiving HTTP 404- Page not found in Hobbit

pkc_mls pkc_mls at yahoo.fr
Mon Jun 23 09:22:08 CEST 2008

Smith, Natalie a écrit :

> The messages “The page cannot be found” and HTTP 404 are being
> received when selecting *Main View* and *All non-green view* from
> *Views* on the Hobbit display. However the page for *Critical systems*
> displays properly. After researching the problem I found the following:
>

> 1. URL of *Main View : *http://domain-name/hobbit/html
> URL of *All non-green view*: http://domain-name/hobbit/bb2.html
> URL of *Critical systems: *
> http://domain-name/hobbit-cgi/hobbit-nkview.sh
>
> 2. On the local zone of hobbitmon, the directory of the web pages is
> /usr/local/hobbit/server/www.
>
> 3. In file /usr/local/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg, the root URL
> parameter – *BBSERVERWWWURL * is set to /hobbit.
>
> 4. The current configuration in file
> /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf, the DocumentRoot parameter is set
> versus using the Alias.
>
> *Excerpt from /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf
> *# NB: The "Alias" line below must NOT be used if you have
>
> # the Hobbit webfiles as the root URL. In that case,
>
> # you should instead set this:
>
> #
>
> #Alias /hobbit/ "/usr/local/hobbit/server/www/"
>
> DocumentRoot /usr/local/hobbit/server/www
>
> 5. The Apache error log reports
>
> [Thu Jun 19 15:45:28 2008] [error] [client 10.64.4.20] File does not
> exist: /usr/local/hobbit/server/www/hobbit, referer: ht
>
> tp:///domain_name//hobbit/sphq/sphq.html
>
> What do I need to do to resolve this problem.

Hello,

Could you please explain if hobbit is the root URL in your apache server ?
If so you shouldn't have any /hobbit after the http://domain-name/
<http://domain-name/hobbit/html> url.

Do you have the correct display with this url :
http://domain-name/ <http://domain-name/hobbit/html>

I don't think you need to set the BBSERVWWWURL to /hobbit, as this is
already your documentroot.

hope this'll help.

regards.

Nicolas Figaro