[hobbit] ver 4.3 and socket server

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Mon Jun 23 08:37:26 CEST 2008

On Friday 20 June 2008 20:24:29 John P. Fisher wrote:
> Hi folks, I want to make a simple demo that shows a proof-of-concept,
> and I need some advice and news of possible hobbit 4.3 ver socket
> connections.
>
> I have an embedded linux device and a linux server. I have installed
> both hobbit server and client ver 4.2 successfully.
>
> Now what I want to show is a socket server running on the client ( the
> embedded device) pushing data to the hobbit server, and thence to my
> browser on a third machine. I have built a crude socket server for the
> hobbit client  that will do for the demo. So I need to listen on a
> socket at the server, and write the data to the web page.

Maybe you want to tell us more about what you are trying to achieve.

Are you trying to monitor the embedded device? Or, are you trying to use it to
monitor specific hosts and report to the hobbit server?

There may be other solutions to your problem, but I can't understand from the
description of your proposed solution what your original problem was.

Regards,
Buchan