[hobbit] Graphs missing titles and data points

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 20:14:02 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 12:23 PM, Moby <moby at mobsternet.com> wrote:

> I am running three different Hobbit servers at three different sites and
> all work great except one.
> On the one not running great, I see everything fine except that all graphs
> are missing titles and lables along grid lines.  Other than this missing
> text on the graphs, the graphs show the data fine.
> For the life of me I cannot figure out the difference between this
> misbehaving installation of Hobbit and the other two that are working great.
>  Could anyone offer any hints as to where to look?

If it's only text missing, you might want to check that the server has the
same fonts installed as on the other two servers.

You could also try manually generating the graphs and see if rrdtool
complains about anything.  For example, I have Hobbit on a Gentoo server
called lorien, so I can generate the cpu load graph manually like this:

     rrdtool graph /var/www/localhost/htdocs/la.png \
         "DEF:avg=/home/hobbit/data/rrd/lorien/la.rrd:la:AVERAGE" \
         "CDEF:la=avg,100,/" \
         "AREA:la#00CC00:CPU Load Average"

rrdtool responds with   "481x168"  which is the pixel size of the image
generated.  I can then load that image in a browser at
http://localhost/la.png.  The DEF, CDEF & AREA lines come from the
server/etc/hobbitgraph.cfg file.

Ralph Mitchell