bb-nfs-client.sh (script in ext)

Thomas Leavitt tleavitt at unameits.com
Sat Jul 26 01:49:07 CEST 2008

I'm trying to get this running, so that I can monitor the NFS status of
various hosts, and I'm getting the same error that everyone else (except
T.J. Yang on Solaris) seems to be getting... all the servers are
reported as being down.

I'm also not seeing the "nfs" column appear in the Hobbit home page, and
when I click "history" by going directly to the NFS page (which
indicates that the script is at least executing, although it produces no
log file output), I get "Cannot open history file" as well.

But, primarily, I'd just like to get this to work properly, first. I can
probably stumble through the process of debugging the script, but if
anyone else can clue me in, I'd appreciate it.

Client is running CentOS 4.6, patched and up to date.

This is my clientlaunch.cfg entry:

[bb-nfs]

        ENVFILE $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/etc/hobbitclient.cfg

        CMD $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/ext/bb-nfs-client.sh

        LOGFILE $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/logs/bb-nfs-client.log

        INTERVAL 5m

I've created a blank "bb-def.sh" and put it in the "etc" directory.

Thanks in advance.

Thomas