Log monitoring feature?

Bill Richardson wrichardson at llbean.com
Mon Jul 21 17:42:59 CEST 2008

Running Hobbit version 4.2.0 all-in-one patch dated 2007-02-09 10:30
UTC.

OS: Redhat AS 5

I have searched thru the Hobbit Archive for ways to best pattern match
in log files. What I have is working to the extent of what I believe
hobbit will support "out of the box"

Has anyone been able to do the following:

1.) In Hobbit today with version 4.2.0 log file alerts happen once in a
30 minute window even if you have more than one occurrence. Has anyone
been able to change this behavior to a smaller window? "maybe 4.3.0 has
something new?"

2.) Another feature that I am looking for is thresholding. If I throw 10
messages "that match" into a log in X time frame say 15 minutes or 30
minutes and so on I don't want to get notified but if I throw 11 into
the log I do. Is there any way to do this? Another script to do the work
and then
send to another log file and have hobbit alert on that maybe?