[hobbit] hobbit graph problem

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Jul 21 12:47:09 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 10:39:50AM +0200, DA Forsyth wrote:
> I installed the Hobbit system just a few months ago and it has worked
> great..... until I upgraded rrdtool to 1.3.0
> However, the Hobbit graphs are still missing the text information (on
> the same server).

I haven't tested Hobbit with rrdtool 1.3.x, so for now I can
only suggest that You try and recompile Hobbit using the new
rrdtool header- and library-files.

I know that rrdtool 1.3 has some major changes to the way graphs
and text are generated - they ripped out the old library that was
used and converted all of it to a completely different graphs
implementation. So I'm not surprised if something breaks when
upgrading from 1.2 to 1.3. I also believe there have been some
API changes, which would require a rebuild of Hobbit.