FILE monitor and mtime<600 troubleshooting

Denver Osborn denver at fni-stl.com
Fri Jul 18 14:36:29 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm running Hobbit 4.2.0 with the allinone patch on hpux and can't get the FILE monitor to work. I've added the required file: entry in the client-local.cfg for the host, then put the FILE directive in the hobbit-clients.cfg file. After adding the monitor, the BBDISPLAY picks up the new file and shows it as 'green'. When testing the monitor by changing the mtime of my file, hobbit doesn't alert on the change.

Here's my hobbit-client.cfg entry:

CLASS=classname
         FILE /etc/sudoers yellow mtime<600

The client-local.cfg entry:

[classname]
file:/etc/sudoers

Has anyone else seen this before or have any advice on how to troubleshoot?

Thanks,

Denver Osborn