[hobbit] Troubleshooting windows clients

FARRIOR, Andy Andy.Farrior at victoriacollege.edu
Tue Jul 15 15:22:01 CEST 2008

If you look at the "hobbitd" status for your Hobbit server, you may find
a list of "Ghost reports".

If you do, then that could mean the clients are reporting hostnames that
Hobbit doesn't recognize.

If that's the case you can do one of two things:
 1 - modify the registry setting on each client to match the hostname in
bb-hosts:
   [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BBWin]
   "hostname"="%computername%.yourdomain.com"

 2 - add the "CLIENT" tag to the end of your windows clients in
bb-hosts.
    0.0.0.0   win-server.yourdomain.com  # CLIENT:WIN-SERVER

Hope that helps.
Andy