[hobbit] hobbit client on esx server?

Gé Janssen ge.janssen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 23:33:45 CET 2008

Hey guys,

How do you install this? It is a lot of work to install compilers and
the lot on an esx server but a binary only install  of the hobbit client
is possible. how???

At this moment we monitor our ESX servers by BigBrother Professional
edition (binary only install) and in combination with the hp supportpack
for vmware this includes monitoring on the hardware layer.
still playing around with esx-top and vdf.

p.s. esx 2.54 is RHEL3 and esx 3 is RHEL4
support by vmware is not that big of an issue. You only need one box
without the monitor/thirdparty software for support purposes (worst case
scenario).