[hobbit] Oversize data/client msg

Gary Baluha gumby3203 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 16:55:48 CET 2008

On Jan 7, 2008 10:31 AM, Joshua Krause <forums at triadbiz.rr.com> wrote:

> In the server man pages it said that the MSGMAX_DATA defaulted to 256kb so
> raised it to 512kb.  So your saying that I need to raise it to 768kb?  The
> only reason I say this is because in the error message it says:

I mentioned to raise it to 768kb only because the other MAX* variables were
set to that.  In reality, you only need to raise it to whatever the largest
"data/client msg" size is.  In this case, that would be 579186.

> Latest errormessages:
> Oversize data/client msg from 172.31.128.50 truncated (n=579186, limit
> 524288)
> First line: gsonc-spg-omea-1|sunos|sunos
>
> Which says the limit is "524588" and if the MSGMAX_DATA is set to 256 by
> default then I would think that this value is dealing with the
> MSGMAX_CLIENT
> which is defaulted to 512 and I raised it to 768.

MSGMAX_CLIENT is larger than _DATA because the former generally contains
more data. Other than that, there is no need for the three MAX* settings to
have any specific relationship between each other's values.