[hobbit] Need info: National holidays

Anna Jonna Armannsdottir annaj at hi.is
Fri Jan 4 10:34:00 CET 2008

On fim, 2008-01-03 at 11:56 -0500, Josh Luthman wrote:
> Henrik,
>
> Did you take a look at the Google Calendars per Rob's suggestion?  I'd
> think it would be easiest to look at the agenda for those calendars
> rather then to reinvent the wheel picking everyone's brain.
>
>  I know that I can't even list half of the holidays celebrated here in
> the States without looking it up.
>
> Just a suggestion!

Hi Josh,
I understand Henrik's request as an attempt to make things
easier for us system admins. We have holidays where we do not
want to be interrupted by an urgent message from the Hobbit
monitor.
Those are the holidays that we want Hobbit Monitor to recognize
in the future versions.
We would not want to put in those holidays that are only for some
sysadmins in that country, or we would risk that an urgent message
would not be sent to the corresponding sysadmin.
This could happen if a day is listed as a holiday, while it in fact,
is not a holiday (for an area or religion).
Those kind of holidays are best left out of the list.
Then the local sysadmin can put them in or enable them.

That is my view of how to narrow down the holidays, that we really
should list.

--
Kindest Regards, Anna Jonna Ármannsdóttir,       %&   A: Because people read from top to bottom.
Unix System Aministration, Computing Services,   %&   Q: Why is top posting bad?