[hobbit] Query: IPv6 support ?

Tom Georgoulias tomg at mcclatchyinteractive.com
Fri Jan 4 03:43:19 CET 2008

Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> What are your views on IPv6 support in Hobbit ? How many of you have
> IPv6 enabled on your systems ? Do you have AAAA DNS records for your
> domains ?

I'm ike many of the other posters-- ipv6 is not in use on my network and
probably won't be for the forseeable future.  We've had a few
discussions here and there, but most come to the conclusion that it
isn't needed now, requires a lot of work to implement, and the time
spent getting ready for ipv6 can be better applied to real problems we
are facing right now.

If it's easy to do and doesn't detract from other hobbit priorities, I
can't see any harm in adding hobbit support for ipv6.  It will become
necessary at some point, especially if legislation requires government
systems to make use of ipv6.

Tom