[hobbit] http timeout and content checking

Gary Baluha gumby3203 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 15:56:27 CET 2008

On Jan 3, 2008 6:11 AM, Henrik Stoerner <henrik at hswn.dk> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 02:23:42PM -0500, Gary Baluha wrote:
> > Actually, it looks like it's not so much an issue with the max length
> for
> > the URL, as it is for *any* line in bb-hosts.  I started writing an
> > extension script to do the content checking, and even that is getting
> the
> > URL truncated.  The problem appears that everything past 464 characters
> from
> > the "#" in the bb-hosts file for any host is discarded.
>
> It shouldn't do that, and I cannot trigger this with a simple test.
> Could you send me (off-list) the bb-hosts file you're using ?

Just an update for the list...

With the debugging tool Henrik mentioned, the URL that is apparently getting
truncated everywhere else is NOT truncated with the tool.  I'm currently
writing a URL content check extension script to both get around the
truncation issue I'm having, as well as adding some content check features
Hobbit doesn't have out-of-the-box, so ultimately it's not a big deal for
me.  However, I will work with Henrik to see if we can figure out where this
issue is coming from.