Need info: National holidays

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Jan 3 15:00:11 CET 2008

One of the new things in Hobbit 4.3 is that it can handle alerts
happening on holidays. These will also show up on the "info"
column page.

To make this easy, I need some information about the holidays in
each country.

I already have code to handle the Christian holidays (Easter, Whit
Monday, Christmas) - e.g. these are the holidays I have listed in my
"common" section for 2008:

    New Year        01/01
    Good Friday     21/03
    Easter Monday   24/03
    Ascension Day   01/05
    Whit Monday     12/05
    Christmas Eve   24/12
    Christmas Day   25/12
    New Year's Eve  31/12

I also have specific entries for the US, Germany and Denmark - see
http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit-cgi/viewconf.sh?holidays for the current
configuration.

So if you're from France, Italy, Australia, Japan or some other country
and you would like to have Hobbit pre-loaded with your national
holidays, send me a list of which days are holidays. If you can do it in
the form of the configuration file it would be brilliant, but if not
then just describe to me what days should be included.

(Please post them to the list - and DONT send it if it has already
been posted by someone else, thanks!)