[hobbit] .sh files downloading

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Fri Feb 29 17:39:31 CET 2008

On Friday 29 February 2008 10:48:19 Johan Kooijman wrote:
> Goodmorning all,
>
> I've just installed hobbit for about the 20th time. The former 19
> tries were all succesfull. This time however, I have a problem with
> the webpages.
>
> The machine is a CentOS 5.1 machine, running Apache 2.2.3 (from
> standard repo). I've installed the RPM, but also tried compiling,
> Hobbit. The monitor itself works, it generates pages fine.
> The problem happens when I click one of the icons, for example the one
> that leads to
> http://hostname/hobbit-cgi/bb-hostsvc.sh?HOST=hostname&SERVICE=bbtest. My
> browser wants to download the file, instead of displaying it. I've copied
> the hobbit-apache.conf from the installdirectory directly into the apache
> conf.d directory. I can't find anything in that file
> related to this problem.
>
> Any help is much appreciated!

Is Selinux enabled? If so, you need to run something like this:

chcon -t httpd_sys_script_exec_t ~hobbit/cgi-bin/*
chcon -t httpd_sys_script_exec_t ~hobbit/cgi-secure/*
chcon -R -t httpd_sys_script_ro_t /var/lib/hobbit/rrd/

(I used my own packages, and ran exactly this:
chcon -t httpd_sys_script_exec_t /usr/lib/hobbit/cgi-bin/*
chcon -t httpd_sys_script_exec_t /usr/lib/hobbit/cgi-secure/*
chcon -R -t httpd_sys_script_ro_t /var/lib/hobbit/rrd/
)

Regards,
Buchan