Massive URL breaks hobbitd_rrd

Giles Constant giles.constant at nativ-systems.com
Wed Feb 27 17:55:43 CET 2008

Hiya,

I'm tasked with the job of monitoring an address with a rather large URL, as
follows (domain name altered for brevity):

192.168.0.1 webserver.soap #
cont;https://webserver=192.168.0.1/booking/searchrec.action?searchrecModel.hotelCode=UKPID&searchrec
Model.day=8&searchrecModel.month=1&searchrecModel.year=2009&searchrecModel.nights=1&searchrecModel.numOfRooms=1&searchrecModel.chainCode=IQ&avai
labilityModel.roomRequirementList[0].adults=1&searchrecModel.roomRequirementList[0].children=0&searchrecModel.roomRequirementList[0].smoking=false&availa
bilityModel.roomRequirementList[0].cot=false&searchrecModel.roomRequirementList[0].occupancy=SINGLE;pleased
noconn

It works and appears green in hobbit, but hobbitd_rrd crashes shortly
afterwards.  I've tried escaping the &, [ and ] characters, but that doesn't
appear to help.  Is it simply that the URL is too long?

Thanks,

Giles