SCRIPT and MAIL not working

leam leam at reuel.net
Thu Feb 21 12:35:30 CET 2008

New to Hobbit so I assume my config is off. We're using Hobbit 4.2.0 on
Solaris 9 and I'm running into a couple issues.

Neither MAIL not SCRIPT are working in the hobbit-alerts.cfg. Our Hobbit
server was moved from a Linux host to the Solaris one, and regular mail
works on the Solaris box. However, I can't get MAIL or SCRIPT to work to
send alerts when I'm using:

  bbcmd hobbit_alert --debug --test <server> <service>

I can see it getting logged, but MAIL and some of the admin scripts seem
bash-centric and not Bourne shell compatible. The script I have just
sends mail and works if I run it as the hobbit user.

Help would be much appreciated!

Leam