sunos clients missing la & user graphs

s_aiello at comcast.net s_aiello at comcast.net
Thu Feb 14 18:05:07 CET 2008

Hi all,

I was working on updating my solaris clients from the bbclient to the hobbit
client. When do this, I noticed the LA & user (procs/user) are missing. The
clock graph is there though. I mentioned the clock graph since I think the
same function creates all 3 graphs.

It looks like every Sun box's uptime is missbehaving, I am actually missing
the uptime piece:
[uptime]
 11:27am  0 users,  load average: 0.03, 0.04, 0.05

per the man page the output should be:
example% uptime
 10:47am  up 27 day(s), 50 mins,  1 user,  load average: 0.18, 0.26, .20

So I am guessing that since my uptime doesn't have the right number of fields,
this is the reason for the missing trend data ? Has anyone see this issue on
a sun server before ?

~Steve