[hobbit] bbwin 0.11 available

Etienne Grignon etienne.grignon at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 10:31:15 CET 2008

Hi Brian,

2008/2/13, Bryan A Kennedy <b-kennedy1 at raytheon.com>:

>  Hi.  I have installed the BBWin 0.11 Hobbit server patch and the new BBWin
>  0.11 client version.  I am running in centralized mode.   Most items look
>  good, but I having trouble getting the 'svcs' and 'files' columns to work
>  with a Windows machine.  What is the correct syntax in the client-local.cfg
>  and hobbit-clients.cfg files for Windows files and services?  I have tried
>  various options with no luck so far.  The other items in centralized mode
>  look great.  This was a huge improvement!!

This is the man page part for SVC usage in hobbit-clients.cfg :

#    SVC servicename startup status color
#             The "svcs" listing sent by the client will be scanned to check
#             that specific services are running.
#
#             "servicename" is a simple string, in which case this string must
#             show up in the "svcs" listing.
#             Note that servicename is case-sensitive.
#
#             If "servicename" contains whitespace (blanks or TAB),
you must enclose
#             the full string in double quotes. You cannot use regular
expression.
#             Both options startup and status are required and are
simple strings, and
#             must show up in the "svcs" listing as StartupType and
Status columns.
#
#                 SVC Fax startup=manual status=stopped
#                 SVC MSSQLSERVER startup=automatic status=started
#
#             You can have multiple "SVC" entries for the same host, all of the
#             checks are merged into the "svcs" status and the most severe
#             check defines the color of the status.
#
#             Example: Check that SQL Server Agent is running:
#                 SVC SQLSERVERAGENT startup=automatic status=started
color=yellow
#
#             Defaults: color="red".
#                       Note: No service are checked by default.

This is the man page part for SVC usage in client-local.cfg :

#   "svcautorestart:on|off" (BBWin client only)
#       Enable the automatic restart of stopped services which
#       are configured in the automatic startup mode.

This is some examples of configuration :

hobbit-clients.cfg :

HOST=myserver
        LOAD 80 90
        DISK D 50 55
        DISK colt 30 35
        MEMPHYS 90 101
        MEMSWAP 90 95
        MEMACT  90 97
        PORT "LOCAL=%([.:]80)$" state=LISTENING TEXT=http
        #SVC BBWin startup=automatic status=stopped
        SVC Fax startup=manual status=stopped
        SVC SQLSERVERAGENT startup=automatic status=started color=yellow
        PROC BBWin.exe 1 1
        PROC svchost.exe 3 4
        FILE "C:\Program Files\BBWin\bin\BBWin.exe" MTIME=1128514608
SIZE=645140 MD5=5bd81afecf0eb93849a2fd9df54e8bcbe3fefd72
        LOG %.*  %.*error.* COLOR=yellow
        DIR "C:\restore\perso" SIZE<5000

client-local.cfg :

[win32]
svcautorestart:on
file:C:\Program Files\BBWin\bin\who.dll:md5
file:C:\Program Files\BBWin\bin\disk.dll:sha1
file:C:\Program Files\BBWin\bin\BBWin.exe:md5
file:C:\Program Files\BBWin\bin\toto
file:C:\restore\perso
file:`D:\log files\listing.cmd`
log:`C:\files.cmd`:189345
log:C:\Program Files\BBWin\logs\BBWin.log:51200
ignore drive string
ignore .*DEBUG.*
ignore destroyed
ignore Terminating
ignore info
ignore started
linecount:C:\WINDOWS\setupapi.log
HARDS hardware ID\(s\)
eventlog:Security
ignore process has been created: New Process
ignore A process has exited: Process ID:
ignore Privileged object operation
ignore Object Open: Object Server
eventlog:application
ignore BigBrotherHobbitClient \(10\)

As you can see, it use the same syntax than unix. I hope it will help you.

--
Etienne GRIGNON