[hobbit] Best way to monitor server in a DMZ ? or remote LAN ?

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Tue Feb 12 15:21:59 CET 2008

On Tuesday 12 February 2008 15:51:14 L.M.J. wrote:

> >>  Did I mist something ?

BTW, did you read the other recent posts (in between your first set of many
questions in this thread, and when you started implementing)? Because, all
the steps were listed in my reply to one of those posts.

> > Configure the client to report to itself (the msgcache), by setting
> > BBDISP=127.0.0.1 in hobbitclient.cfg.
>
> BBDISP=127.0.0.1 + "pulldata" in the bb-hosts + removed "DISABLED"
> msgcache in the clientlaunch.cfg

Did you enable the 'hobbitfetch' task in hobbitlaunch.cfg on the Hobbit
server?

> I see the Hobbit server connection to the DMZ client now. The DMZ clients
> do not try to reach the Hobbit server anymore. Good point!

Can you connect from the Hobbit server to port 1984 on the clients in the DMZ?

> I *still* don't have any report from the DMZ host. Help please.

You should also check if you have any entries in the msgcache.log on the
clients.

Regards,
Buchan