[hobbit] Best way to monitor server in a DMZ ? or remote LAN ?

steve.e.mcconnell at gsk.com steve.e.mcconnell at gsk.com
Tue Feb 5 15:52:36 CET 2008

> Hi,
>
>   I would like to monitor servers inside a DMZ. Since the Hobbit-Clients
push
> the information to the server, they are not able reach the LAN Hobbit
server :
> communication from the DMZ to the LAN is forbidden...
>
>   What is your experience in that area guys ?
>

>I used bb-central back to bb times. worked quite fine. I suppose it
>should work with hobbit also.

I have the exact same requirement, but I tunnelled the hobbit
communications over ssh.

There is a nice tutorial by Keith Sebesta on the old BB script repository:
http://www.deadcat.net/3/BB-ssh.txt  Took me about 6 minutes to get it
working.

steve

steve mcconnell
gsk
unix application hosting support
919-282-3052

"pkc_mls" <pkc_mls at yahoo.fr>
05-Feb-2008 09:17
Please respond to hobbit at hswn.dk

hobbit at hswn.dk
cc

Subject
Re: [hobbit] Best way to monitor server in a DMZ ? or remote LAN ?

linuxmasterjedi at free.fr a écrit :
> Hi,
>
>   I would like to monitor servers inside a DMZ. Since the Hobbit-Clients
push
> the information to the server, they are not able reach the LAN Hobbit
server :
> communication from the DMZ to the LAN is forbidden...
>
>   What is your experience in that area guys ?

I used bb-central back to bb times. worked quite fine. I suppose it
should work with hobbit also.
the idea is that an internal host runs the commands via ssh, and the
results are sent by the internal host to the hobbit server.
It's quite interesting to have only one hobbit server. (I imagine you'll
have to create as many hobbit server as you
have different DMZ networks).

hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk