Best way to monitor server in a DMZ ? or remote LAN ?

linuxmasterjedi at free.fr linuxmasterjedi at free.fr
Tue Feb 5 15:01:48 CET 2008

Hi,

  I would like to monitor servers inside a DMZ. Since the Hobbit-Clients push
the information to the server, they are not able reach the LAN Hobbit server :
communication from the DMZ to the LAN is forbidden...

  What is your experience in that area guys ?

  I'm thinking to setup a DMZ Hobbit server. The LAN Hobbit server will pull the
information from the DMZ Hobbit server. I remember something related using
bbproxy or NET. Am I right ?
  What is your experience in that domain again ? (bis)

  Finally, I would like to setup a Hobbit Server in "LAN2", "LAN3" and "LAN4" .
Those LAN* Hobbit server will monitor servers around them.
  Will they send information to LAN Hobbit server or the LAN Hobbit server will
pull the information from LAN* Hobbit servers ?

  Thanks by advance for any answers or point of view of my ideas. I'm looking
for a global view of my issues + tutorial links to setup the right things.

   Thanks by advance.