Checking process longevity

Coe, Colin C. (Unix Engineer) Colin.Coe at woodside.com.au
Mon Feb 4 00:20:42 CET 2008

Hi all

I'm trying to work out how I can get hobbit to alert me when a process
has existed for more than n seconds.  This is important as we sometimes
have NFS problems that cause processes such as df to hang due to stale
mounts and I'd like tp pick these up sooner rather than later.

Any ideas on how to implement this?

Thanks

CC

NOTICE: This email and any attachments are confidential.
They may contain legally privileged information or
copyright material. You must not read, copy, use or
disclose them without authorisation. If you are not an
intended recipient, please contact us at once by return
email and then delete both messages and all attachments.