BBWin (was:Re: [hobbit] Problems with hanging hobbit page)

Anna Jonna Armannsdottir annaj at hi.is
Fri Feb 1 15:27:45 CET 2008

On fös, 2008-02-01 at 09:20 +0100, Magnus Carlebjörk wrote:

> Another question; I have set up the client configuration files
> identically on
> both servers (under etc/bbwin). How does that work? How do the
> server /
> client know which server to get the configuration files from? (it
> works fine,
> I'm just curious).
>
> Regards,
> Peter

There ara a few weeks since I was trying to get bbwin 0.10 working
in decentralized mode. I was using hobbit 4.2.0 with the allinone patch.
I could not get it working in decentralized mode, though it worked in
local mode. It is essential that I get this working.
To your question:

Under the etc directory is a configuration file called BBWin.cfg
In this file is the hostname or IP number of the server. This file
also specifies what modules should be called. One of the modules
that must be specified, is the one responsible for fetching the config
file from the server.

This is where it failed for me, because the file never made it to
etc/bbwin though it was specified in the config file.

Using bbwincmd (maybe another name) I fetched the
file and it landed in the bin directory. It seemed that
the command did not care about what the config file said.
I tried a few variations (e.g. bbwincmd ../etc/file.cfg, ),
tried moving the file on the server: Zero, zilch, nada!

The name of the machine as per DNS was different from the name
returned by the hostname variable in the windows registry, so
I corrected the registry key to the DNS name. Still it did not work.

Anybody have any clue?

--
Kær kveðja, Anna Jonna Ármannsdóttir,   %&   A: Because people read from top to bottom.
Unix Kerfisstjórn, Reiknistofnun HÍ   %&   Q: Why is top posting bad?