FW: [hobbit] Future of Hobbit - Getting added to distro repos

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Feb 1 15:18:16 CET 2008

On Fri, Feb 01, 2008 at 07:54:59AM -0500, s_aiello at comcast.net wrote:
> So multiple distro packages are nice, but is there a problem when updates need
> to be pushed ? Or did I just miss something obvious ?

Clients should be immune to small differences in distribution - the only
problem really is if the client binaries (logfetch, msgcache and bb) are
linked against different glibc versions.

If it does become a problem, start the client with the "--class=FOO"
option and it will pick up the update-package FOO instead of "linux".