Ext module for monitoring HPUX fiber HBA cards

Deiss, Mark Mark.Deiss at acs-inc.com
Fri Feb 1 11:47:28 CET 2008

	Before I go off and re-invent the wheel, was wondering if anyone has
developed an ext module for checking performance on fiber HBA cards on HPUX
platforms. Still trying to figure out what all would be of interest besides
the I/O rate (how close to saturating the PCI bus backplane). Checked on
deadcat and searching with various buzz words did not find anything of
interest.
	Figure would be generating a list of fiber devices (Tachyons in
particular) and feeding them through tdutil command with "devstat all"
arguments. HP support recommended using tddiag which can be overkill even
with some of the options specified.
	I know there are some ext modules for monitoring performance on the
fiber switches. I was monitoring on Brocade switches but we have switched
over to Cisco switches and I no longer have access to the switches. I also
want to monitor health at the PCI backplane to HBA card interface.