[hobbit] Find hosts running bb client

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 04:59:30 CET 2008

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 3:47 PM, Henrik Størner <henrik at hswn.dk> wrote:
> In <a60f25fc0812231100t4cea6d73y4da026c4afd2d76b at mail.gmail.com> "Asif Iqbal" <vadud3 at gmail.com> writes:
>
>>I still have few servers that are running bb client and not hobbit
>>client. Is there a hobbit way to find out which servers still running
>>bb-client?
>
>>I could do some ugly tricks like this
>>  awk '/^[1-9]/ {print $2}' server/etc/bb-hosts to get the list of hosts
>>  do echo bb 127.0.0.1 \"clientlog $h section=uname\"; done > script.sh
>>  run the script.sh
>>  find the hosts with no output
>
> Easier way of doing the same:
>  bb 127.0.0.1 "hobbitdboard test=cpu fields=hostname,client" | grep "|N"

I did not see that fieldname `client' in the fieldlist in bb man page

     http://www.xymon.com/hobbit/help/manpages/man1/bb.1.html

Also if I don't filter by fieldname I don't see the `Y or N' in
hobbitdboard output.

Again have a great holiday to all

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu