[hobbit] PAGE= directive

Everett, Vernon Vernon.Everett at woodside.com.au
Mon Dec 22 02:13:15 CET 2008

Thanks for that explanation Henrik
Much appreciated.

It fits exactly with my observations.

I eagerly await the release of 4.3 :-)

Cheers
   Vernon

-----Original Message-----
From: Henrik Størner [mailto:henrik at hswn.dk]
Sent: Friday, 19 December 2008 5:54 PM
To: hobbit at hswn.dk
Subject: Re: [hobbit] PAGE= directive

In <A3D12FAD74FC8B46991703F40C182BABAB467086 at permls102.wde.woodside.com.au> "Everett, Vernon" <Vernon.Everett at woodside.com.au> writes:

>Please correct me if I am wrong, but if in bb-hosts, I have

>page prod Production Servers
>group  Unix Production
>0.0.0.0         server1 #
>0.0.0.0         server2 #
>0.0.0.0         server3 #
>page test Test Servers
>group  Unix Test
>0.0.0.0         server4 #
>0.0.0.0         server5 #
>0.0.0.0         server6 #
>page oracle Oracle Servers
>group Oracle Production
>0.0.0.0         server3 # noconn
>Group Oracle Test
>0.0.0.0         server6 # noconn
>0.0.0.0         server7 #

>And in a config file I use PAGE=3Dprod, it should limit itself to
>server1, =
>server2 and server3.

>However PAGE=3Doracle doesn't seem to pick up the server3 and server6.
>But it does seem to apply to server7

The problem is that you have servers on multiple pages. The "PAGE=..."
setting in 4.2.x only matches against a single page where the server is located (on the "info" status page, I believe it's the location that is listed first. So it won't pick up your server3 and server6 as being on the "oracle" page.

This has been changed for 4.3.0.

There's no "SUBPAGE=...", by the way - the "PAGE=..." works on the page path - i.e. if you have
   page prod
   subpage web
   0.0.0.0  webserver1
   page test
   subpage web
   0.0.0.0  testserver1

then the full PAGE for webserver1 would be "prod/web" . A "PAGE=web"
would match this, but would also match "testserver1" because it's on a "web" subpage (path for that is "test/web".

"PAGE=..." supports regular expressions.