Custom test results displayed on a test page

Rafal Roginela Rafal.Roginela at AmeriCashLoans.net
Fri Dec 19 19:14:58 CET 2008

Hi All,

Merry Christmas! I have a question and I have no Idea how to begin to
ask it so I'll just start by giving the scenario and maybe someone has a
totally different approach that I should take for this:

I have a PIX that sends syslog to my hobbit server I also have cron job
that runs a script that analyses that log file and gives me a nice
looking results that are piped out to a text file:

   196 MB XX.XX.XX.XX

   100 MB XX.XX.XX.XX

    18 MB XX.XX.XX.XX

    12 MB XX.XX.XX.XX

     7 MB XX.XX.XX.XX

     6 MB XX.XX.XX.XX

     4 MB XX.XX.XX.XX

     2 MB XX.XX.XX.XX

Ran at Fri Dec 19 11:40:36 2008

This is a top talker output from the PIX with different IP's in
different places depending on the amount of traffic generated by that
host.

What I would like to do is generate a custom test that would be able to,
at the very least, display this output so I can easily look at it by
clicking on the green dot for this custom test. But it would be cool if
I could graph it but that is a very much "Nice to have" and I have a
feeling that just getting the output on a page will be challenging
enough for me since I'm a complete newb at Xymon!

PS If anyone has ever ran into this also: My pix is sysloging to the
hobbit box good; I even have it going to a separate file for easy
sorting but I'm finding that it clogs up my messages file with duplicate
entries no mater which facility I try (right now I have used local4
through local6 changing the appropriate commands in the pix).

Thank you,

Rafal Roginela
Network Engineer

AmeriCash Loans, LLC