PAGE= directive

Everett, Vernon Vernon.Everett at woodside.com.au
Fri Dec 19 08:21:17 CET 2008

Hi all

Can somebody explain to me exactly how the PAGE= and SUBPAGE= works.
It's really handy, and can be used in many config files, but I am struggling to get it to work as dicuments.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but if in bb-hosts, I have

page prod Production Servers
group  Unix Production
0.0.0.0         server1 #
0.0.0.0         server2 #
0.0.0.0         server3 #
page test Test Servers
group  Unix Test
0.0.0.0         server4 #
0.0.0.0         server5 #
0.0.0.0         server6 #
page oracle Oracle Servers
group Oracle Production
0.0.0.0         server3 # noconn
Group Oracle Test
0.0.0.0         server6 # noconn
0.0.0.0         server7 #

And in a config file I use PAGE=prod, it should limit itself to server1, server2 and server3.

However PAGE=oracle doesn't seem to pick up the server3 and server6.
But it does seem to apply to server7

Any tips appreciated.

Regards
     Vernon

NOTICE: This email and any attachments are confidential.
They may contain legally privileged information or
copyright material. You must not read, copy, use or
disclose them without authorisation. If you are not an
intended recipient, please contact us at once by return
email and then delete both messages and all attachments.