hobbit to xymon upgrade

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Wed Dec 17 08:18:56 CET 2008

Hi,

(Henrik, correct this if I'm wrong)

I have a lot of hobbit servers to upgrade so I have a lot of cases to test.
This was my first test:
If you want to simple use the new binaries, you can copy the Makefile from
hobbit 4.2.0 to the new xymon 4.2.2 source directory and do a make && make
install.  Restart the hobbit server.
This will compile xymon with exact the same settings as the old hobbit and
install the binaries and the needed files.  This worked without any problems
for me.

A second option is to configure xymon from scratch, but this will put the
files in new places.  I'm going to create a perl script for this to automate
the process of migrating the data from hobbit to xymon.

Stef