[hobbit] Xymon 4.2.2 (a.k.a. Hobbit) has been released

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Dec 16 22:46:24 CET 2008

In <1F7B01020EC4D04DA17703634B9E888E09BFE673 at ULPGCTMVMAI003.EU.COLT> "Ward, Martin" <Martin.Ward at colt.net> writes:

>> Henrik wrote:
>>=20
>> In <a16736ddb213d7495439d967ea3c0ff8 at imap> L.M.J=20
>> <linuxmasterjedi at free.fr> writes:
>>=20
>>=20
>> >Great, thanks for the news. Is it safe to compile it and replace the=20
>> >old Hobbit binaries? or is there any cleanest way to upgrade=20
>> my current=20
>> >Hobbit server?
>>=20
>> Should work just fine, as long as you configure it the same
>> as you did with the original 4.2.0 sources - same userid,=20
>> directories etc.

>Could I compile the binaries and simply copy them directly in to the
>correct bin/ directories so as to use my current 4.2.0 configs or are
>there major changes to the config files?

The only config file changes are additions to the hobbitgraph.cfg
file (new definitions from BBWin, Devmon and hobbit-perl-client),
and the corresponding new items listed in the TEST2RRD and GRAPHS
setting in hobbitserver.cfg.

So compiling and then copying your binaries over - or just doing
a "make install", this will not overwrite your existing config -
should work fine.