[hobbit] Last chance to test 4.2.2 before release

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Dec 11 21:48:53 CET 2008

In <4941168B.1030804 at mcclatchyinteractive.com> Tom Georgoulias <tomg at mcclatchyinteractive.com> writes:

>Henrik Størner wrote:
>> I have no further bugfixes lined up for 4.2.2, so this is the last chance
>> to do any testing before it is officially released - which I plan to
>> do this coming week-end.
>>
>> So the adventurous ones are very welcome to grab the current branch
>> https://hobbitmon.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/hobbitmon/branches/4.2.2
>> and try out the code now. If you don't feel like getting a Subversion
>> client up and running, a plain tar-file is available at
>> http://hobbitmon.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/hobbitmon/branches/4.2.2.tar.gz?view=tar

>I just grabbed this tarball and keep running into permissions problems
>when I try to build it because some of the files aren't executeable.

>-rw-r--r-- 1 tomg tomg    428 2008-11-27 08:12 configure
>-rw-r--r-- 1 tomg tomg   6084 2008-12-01 15:38 configure.client
>-rw-r--r-- 1 tomg tomg  14063 2008-12-01 15:38 configure.server

It's a problem with the Subversion export. I'll make sure (by hand,
if I must) that the shell-scripts are executable in the official
tar-ball.

I've modified the top-level "configure" script to make all the
others executable. So the worst case is that you have to run
"sh ./configure" and the rest should be ok.