[hobbit] Status Not Available Resolution

Xymon User in Richmond hobbit at epperson.homelinux.net
Wed Dec 10 02:45:18 CET 2008

On Tue, December 9, 2008 12:00, MFisher at hra.com wrote:

> I thought so too, but after disabling the firewall i was still unable to
> access apache (80) from within my host windows machine...I was able to
> access apache locally from within the VM however. Upon stopping iptables,
> port 80 was now available to my host...I didnt dive into why but i know i
> was scratching my head for almost an hour....

You'll want to "chkconfig iptables off", or fix your iptables rules to
trust port 80 inbound, or the problem will repeat when you reboot.
Assuming you just did "service iptables stop" or the equivalent.

"iptables-save" will dump your iptables to stdout.  You're probably
missing a rule like:
-A INPUT -p tcp -m state --state NEW -m tcp --dport 80 -j ACCEPT
before the default REJECT.  On Fedora 9 you can fix it with the
system-config-firewall gui if you don't want to learn about the rule
syntax, ordering, and flow.