[hobbit] Xymon version 4.2.2 RC1 available

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Dec 2 22:23:20 CET 2008

In <493582F2.8070707 at mcclatchyinteractive.com> Tom Georgoulias <tomg at mcclatchyinteractive.com> writes:

>Graham Nayler wrote:
>> I'm not running 4.2 code, but looking at the source for areas I have had
>> some interest in in 4.3, I think there are a few bugs in this:

>Will the patches that fix the issues you noticed make it into RC2 on
>Dec. 10?  I was about to downgrade my 4.3 snapshot to the xymon RC1 to
>test, but the bugs you pointed out will have an immediate impact on me
>and I'm not sure it's worth the hassle at this point.

I'm going over all the reports about bugs that are pending for the 4.2.2
release. Some were fixed yesterday. My current post-RC1 list looks like
this:

Merged:
* Devmon patch from trunk
* hobbitping endless loop on network send failure - backport from trunk
* Darwin user-info query by configure scrips. http://www.hswn.dk/hobbiton/2008/02/msg00173.html
* Limit size of alert-message texts sent to a script to 4 KB. http://www.hswn.dk/hobbiton/2008/01/msg00015.html

Not merged (requires further analysis):
* min/max duration of alerts on info page. http://www.hswn.dk/hobbiton/2008/11/msg00415.html
* IGNORE pattern problem. http://www.hswn.dk/hobbiton/2008/11/msg00416.html
* Bug-list from Graham Nayler http://www.hswn.dk/hobbiton/2008/12/msg00011.html

I might do an RC2 for Monday, but only if some of the bugfixes are not
"obviously correct".