Netapp.pl snapmirror rules howto ?

Heino Walther heino.walther at proact.dk
Tue Dec 2 16:47:19 CET 2008

Hi there

I'm trying to tweak the netapp.pl ext-script to accommodate snapmirror rules, and I ran into a problem...

In the netapp.ini file there are some descriptions about how to define your own rules, but I keep getting errors when I try to define my own.

Just to check that I have understood it correct, you are supposed to make a line called:

Rule1=source:destination:...etc..
And then a line where you use the rule you defined.
Snapmirrorcheck=Rule1

The problem is that I have some specific snapmirrors which I would like to ignore, and others which I would like to monitor normally...

Example:

SourceFiler:volume
DestinationFiler:volume

When you define a rule, the separator is ":" which is also a part of the source and destination...  are you able to escape this like this:

Rule1=SourceFiler\:volume:DestinationFiler\:volume:options:etc....

I think an example from someone who uses this would be the best help for me ;-)

I hope someone uses this somewhat old script :)

/Heino