Novell SuSE SLES 10 client issue.

Brian Catlin bcatlin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 03:33:36 CET 2008

Okay,

I have a few Novell SuSE SLES 10 servers.   I compiled the 4.2 client on one
of them and tried to get it to talk to the Master running on Solaris 9.

The page shows the Master tests, ping, ssh (and they work! - got paged
tonight when the interface on one went AWOL)

On the client side.  In client/tmp = the files are created and ready to send
 The client has a couple probes, and they have good output too.

I can telnet to the master from the clients on port 1984 successfully.  The
client refuses to publish out to the Master.

My bb-hosts has the proper entries for IP and names (tested that
empirically ) and I have a number of graphs spec'd after trends:*

My sun connections all work fine (Solaris 9 mainly, no 10)

I am wondering if something needs to be changed in the compile to make the
client work on SLES 10.

I am NOT a programmer, so need some help here...

lurch at inorbit.com