[hobbit] bbtest yellow - PING test results sent unacceptably high

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Dec 1 22:44:06 CET 2008

In <167F7BCB-8003-4165-AB72-C11E30F4B254 at sackheads.org> John Payne <john at sackheads.org> writes:

>On Nov 25, 2008, at 1:38 PM, John Payne wrote:

>> On Nov 25, 2008, at 11:26 AM, Josh Luthman wrote:
>>
>>> Do you have the capability to use fping?  I'd try that and see what
>>> the results are.
>>
>> I had an issue with fping back in the day.   Before I spend too much
>> time figuring out how to switch, I'd like to know what would cause
>> the "test results sent" time to skyrocket.

>Nothing?

In my experience it is usually due to either a network issue between
the network-test server and the main Hobbit server, or a very high
load on the main Hobbit server causing it to take very long to accept
incoming connections. Try correlating the time of your problem with
the load on the Hobbit server (e.g. look at the "vmstat" graphs from
that time).