[hobbit] multiple hobbit servers with different bb-hosts files: BBDISPLAYS troubles

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Thu Aug 14 20:47:23 CEST 2008

On Thursday 14 August 2008, Sebastian wrote:
> Sebastian <mailto:spa at syntec.co.uk> wrote:
> > Stef Coene <mailto:stef.coene at docum.org> wrote:
> >> But some clients are only listed in the bb-hosts of 1 of the 2 hobbit
> >> servers. The client only reports to the hobbit server where they are
> >> listed in the bb-hosts file.  I can see the incoming messages and I
> >> see the files under the data directory.  But no status is displayed
> >> on the html pages.
> >
> > Did you see the "--ghosts={allow|drop|log}" setting for hobbitd?
> > "allow" seems to be what you want.
>
> Actually you can also use BBGHOSTS in hobbitserver.cfg, which is more
> convenient I think. The man page unhelpfully doesn't list what BBGHOSTS of
> 0 does, but the cfg file does, so... you want a BBGHOSTS of 0.  Or make
> sure the bb-hosts file are the same on both servers...  It is designed so
> that they can be.
It is not a ghost problem.  I was expecting that the information will be send
to both BBDISPLAY servers and that they will decide what to do with the
information.
But that's not the case, it talks to the first BBDISPLAY server and only if
that server is accepting the information it is also send to the second
BBDISPLAY server.

Stef